Wednesday, November 23, 2005

New Belgium Abbey

This Belgian double abbey from New Belgium Brewery poured to a nice deep brown, slightly amber, with a lasting head. One sip and I've found my new favorite beer. True to the Belgian style dubbel, this beer was full flavored and slightly sweet. A strong roasted, nutty, malt flavor that lingers momentarily before giving way to a crisp finish. I got my 6 pack at D's, get them while you can. I'm sure the family will wipe out my stock tomorrow so I'll be returning for more. I'd pick this over their Fat Tire any day.

Hey, I see Bell's has a Winter White Ale on the shelves. Has anyone tried it yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Yes sir! I picked up a sixer of that last year. I remember it being pretty good.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home