Thursday, September 01, 2005

Beer News and Pumpkin Beer

A quick search for more beer news sites provided some interesting hits.

Celebrator looks like a beer magazine.

News from BeerAdvocate

a good read :)

Another beer mag

Ok, so I'm reading the aforementioned beeradvocate news and come across this article about more pumpkin beer this autumn. I'm not sure yet if I want to rant about this yet. I've got this thing... this thing that used to be summarized as "keep that F'ing fruit out of my beer!" But now, thanks to Anheuser-Busch I may have to adapt that to include berries. And given my previous experience with pumpkin beers, do I expand that to gourds as well? From the article it is obvious the brewer was trying to mimic a pumpkin pie, searching out unique flavors of various pies. Pumpkin pie is my favorite. However, I can't say that I every want to wash one down with a brew. Do I really want to drink a gourde/beer blend? Well, maybe I'll save the real rant until later and actually try the stuff if I can get my hands on some. Perhaps I should search out some cranberry beer to wash it down? Hey, is anyone making a turkey beer yet? Something with giblets?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Nice. Actually, Jones Soda came out with a holiday pack of soda flavors last year. Get this:

"In 2004, Jones Soda teamed up with two excellent children charities to promote its limited edition holiday pack. This pack contained five new seasonal flavors which included: Green Bean Casserole Soda, Mashed Potato & Butter Soda, Fruitcake Soda, Cranberry Soda and Turkey & Gravy Soda."

How's that for adding different flavors to your beverage??

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home