Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bell's Oberon

As I tip back the last sip of the last bottle of Bell's Oberon I am saddened by the fact that there isn't another waiting for me in the kitchen. I chose not to refrigerate my 6-o Bell's as it was recommended to me warm. I too will recommend this beer at room temperature (or possibly at any temperature). The last few weeks here in Grand Rapids Michigan have been very hot (don't give me any crap about that, I've lived in Phoenix, I know heat). Warm or cold this beer has proven to be very refreshing. I'm going to have to change my definition of chuggable as this beer was very chuggable. However, it was also full of flavor. The brew had a slight sweet, citrus flavor but not enough to offend my palette. I can see now why many recommend it with a slice of orange. However, I'll be damned if I'd be spotted with a piece of fruit in my beer. The flavors are accompanied by a slight creamy texture which goes down smooth and ends with a dry finish.

I will miss you Oberon... until the next sale that is.

Check this out! The Bell's online store is finally online! WOOHOO! They even have a cycling shirt for you k^2!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Oh ROCK! I'm so there!

How can you talk smack about having a slice of fruit in your beer? Technically, your peppers are all fruit....

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home