Friday, September 23, 2005

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale

Ok, following through with my pledge to try a seasonal pumpkin beer I purchased (and shared) a six pack of Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale from D. Schulers. While I stand very firm on my stance against fruit in a beer my wife has reminded me that a pumpkin is a gourd, a vegetable... so I'm having an easier time liking this one. The pour produced a decent but short lived head. The color is a golden amber. The first scent that I can detect is cinnamon with hops coming in second. The pumpkin scent is there, but it's either hiding or being drowned out by the cinnamon. I can definitely taste the cinnamon... clean finish... pumpkin? Oh, wait, there it is, it's lingering in the back. Being a fan of pumpkin pie I would say this is not "mom's pie in a beer" as it was advertised to me. I won't complain, however, as I am enjoy it well enough. Is it worth the $8.00? Maybe, I'm not regretting it. I might buy it again for a party just for the novelty. Hey, my wife actually liked it too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Todd shared two of the Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale with me. I'm trying my first bottle right now as I write this comment. The only real thing I have to add is the strong cinnamon sent to this beer. It's somewhat smoother than the Ichabod and I didn't detect much of a pumpkin flavor. Overall a decent novelty beer, but I would probably buy the Ichabod again over this pumpkin ale.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home