Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Flavored Leine's That Doesn't Suck?!?

It used to be that if you liked drinking carbonated syrup out of a bottle with a beer label on it, Leinenkugel's could hook you up with a Berry Weis or a Honey Weis.

Gag.

With this in mind, I was quite skeptical when I saw the new Leinie's Apple Spice beer at Meijer. Being a sucker for a seasonal and also a whipping boy for anything Leinie, I picked up a 6-er.

In moderation, it kicks ass. It tastes like a good spiced cider and a beer. In this case, the combination works. I'd compare it to a less-sweet hard cider like a Strongbow. It's not too sticky on the aftertaste, but I don't think I could have more than one or two at a sitting. It's a good sipper. I'm already on my second 6-pack. It's also good for get-togethers as a conversation beer. Definitely recommended.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Yea, I tried this too. I agree with Raj in that it isn't too sweet and is a decent sweet beer. Being a fan of the hard cider beers, this one was a little different. I found it to be more of an apple flavored beer than a hard cider. Either way, I think it's a great drink.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home