Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Leinenkugel "Big Eddy" Russian Imperial Stout

Raj told me about Leinenkugel rolling out a new brew about a month ago. I noticed it at D&W the other day and had to grab it.

I had this beer in the fridge, so I left it out for about 45 minutes to let it warm up a bit before drinking. I think I'll place the remaining 3 in the basement.

This beer pours a deep black with a thin chocolate brown head (one finger). Aromas of chocolate and roasted malt are prevalent. Lots of sweet chocolatey malt flavor explode in your mouth with a little bit of the bitter hop aftertaste. It has a smooth, creamy mouth feel.

I'm not a big fan of the bitterness of hops. I prefer a very balanced beer and this one hits both extremes hard. It is very bitter-sweet, yet drinkable. I can't say I'd have more than one in a sitting, nor would I drink it too often at $10 for a 4-pack, but I'm already looking forward to my next bottle! Very good beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home