Thursday, June 21, 2007

Blue Moon Honey Moon Summer Ale

I was just asking the guys about this beer today and how I had not been able to find it. Lo and behold, it was on the shelf at D&W when I stopped on my way home from work!

Now, I like Blue Moon and Oberon..... a lot. As Todd and Raj know, I like a wedge of orange in my Oberon, too. It intrigued me that this beer is brewed with honey and orange peel. I had to give it a shot, even though it was a rating of only 21 on ratebeer.com and 78 on beeradvocate.com.

It pours an orange-gold color, very clear (not cloudy at all) with a thick head. Not much by way of aroma to this beer. I can barely detect the orange and a bit of spice, but I can't smell the honey. It has a steady stream of carbonation rising from the bottom.

It tastes slightly of malt and honey and some wheat. Overall pretty bland in flavor, but it has a nice crisp, refreshing feel to it. It's easily drinkable, but not overly special. It would be nice for a hot summer day on the boat, but I can think of a few other beers I would buy for that occasion instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home