Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Shiner Hefeweizen

Raj gave me this beer as part of a sampler-pack-Thank-You gift for filling out a questionaire for a company he applied for a new job at. He compared it to Bell's Oberon Ale, stating it was just as good, or better, while at the same time being a good year-round wheat ale. Let's see....

It pours a hazy gold-amber with a medium head that dissipates quickly, leaving a thin lacing.

The aroma is citrus and wheat - it kind of reminds me of that sickly sweet smell of rotten wheat from my days (way back) working in a flour mill.

It tastes of citrus and wheat with quite a bit of carbonation giving it a light body. It feels a little watery compared to Oberon.

Overall a very drinkable beer and a refreshing break from the norm. I'm not sure it's an apples-to-apples comparison to Oberon, but I think both will share some shelf space in my fridge. Thanks Raj!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home