Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sweet Chocolately Goodness


I was wandering aimlessly through D&W when I spotted a beer they haven't carried until now, Arcadia Ale's Cocoa Loco. It's a triple chocolate stout brewed with chocolate, molasses and lactose. Mmmmmm mmmm.

As you can see in the photo, it pours a deep black/brown color with a nice creamy head that dissipates pretty quickly to a thin layer of bubbles and bit of lacing on the glass.

The aroma is mostly of chocolate. I couldn't pick up the molasses or malt very much..... but then again, what does molasses smell like?

You can definintely taste the chocolate in it and perhaps the molasses. There is a touch of hoppy bitterness that keeps it from being too sweet.

It's pretty medium bodied. Not too thin, but thinner than I was expecting.

It's a decent beer, but $6.99 for a deuce? I'd rather pick up a sixer of Arcadia Scotch Ale for that price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home