Tuesday, August 07, 2007

JosephsBrau Brewing Co. Hopfest German Style Pilsner


So my folks made the annual summer trek to New Jersey this last week. It has become a tradition to stop at Trader Joe's in Ann Arbor, MI on the return trip. They have a good selection of beer and even a line of their own label. This time my dad brought back a new one to us, the Hopfest Germany Style Pilsner from JosephsBrau Brewing Co. (actually Gordon Biersch). I cringed at the name "Hopfest" as I am not a big fan of really hopped up beer. As you can see in the picture, this pilsner has slightly darker hue than many others. Very clean and clear, with a nice head, exactly what I would expect of a pilsner. I was very surprised by the first taste as it had more body than other pilsners. There is a definite hop flavor, but not enough to gag on. I would not rate this as a chuggingly refreshing beer for a hot summer day like today but instead as something to relax with infront of the tube. Not bad for a German beer made in San Jose, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home